THE DANGER OF TELLING YOUR BEST FRIEND YOU'RE CRUSHING ON THEM


"The danger of crushing on your best friend is that expressing it to them could ruin everything by loosing your friendship with them." - David McBoye 

I have to submit that it is possible to inform our friend about how we feel but I must also say "It is like taking a risk like an entrepreneur."

In other words, The danger of crushing on your best friend is that expressing it to them could ruin everything by loosing your friendship with them. 

BUT it is also possible to keep your friendship and  still move to the next level by having a relationship with them. 

For someone who is doing this for the first time in their life, I advise you don't ask a girl out. Do not you confess your feelings to her on that date since it is just a crush. 

Feelings like love and others, need to be left alone for later days to come. This is a very important phase of attraction to him or her.

It is very hard, based on;

- The kind of friend you have,
- How long you’ve know each other as friends
- And how you go about it.
 

Many people mess this part up by approaching their friends and confessing their feelings to them. 

This is because for all you know, the feeling isn’t mutual and it can ruin everything because the approach wasn’t the best.

I understand why so many try to do this. I even know a guy who wanted to write a romantic letter and send it anonymously to a lady. 

This is a wrong move. Because the lady would definitely say he couldn’t gather the courage to express his feelings right before her. 

"Expressing your feelings to your crush is like a gamble. You either win or loose. He/she may accept or reject it." - David McBoye

In my opinion, before expressing your feelings to your crush, make him/her get attracted to you; else don’t tell her.

In my own case, after telling my crush about my feelings, I think it ruined our friendship because for the past 9 months we have not met each other again. 

I just told her that I had feelings for her and she politely replied that she wasn’t interested in a relationship and wanted to focus on her life goals (career). 

I asked her if she still friends with me but she did not reply. We met again a month later and we talked a bit and she even blushed in front of me.

And that was the last time we met. I don’t have her contact and I suppose neither she has mine. All I can do is to hope.

So I lost both my friend and my intention to have a romantic relationship with her. That's the danger of expressing your feelings to your crush. Be on guard. 

I believe this piece has been helpful. Let's hear from you. You can leave a comment in the comment box. Let's stay connected at The School Of Friendship. 

Kind regards, 

DAVID McBOYE, 
PASTOR | WRITER | MENTOR | SPEAKER,
TUTOR, THE SCHOOL OF FRIENDSHIP.

Click on the following links to join us;






John Arthur

I am John Arthur. The President and Founder of The School of Friendship. I am an author of three (3) books and speaker on Christian platforms, education and corporate organizations.

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post